Pros and Cons of hair transplant | Stayfitandyoung.com
Hair transplantation is a hair rebuilding procedure carried out on both males and females who have a problem of substantial hair loss, thinning of hair or bald spots where hair no longer grows. In men, hair loss and baldness arise most commonly due to hereditary factors. Male pattern baldness, in which the hairline regularly recedes and scalp visibility increases revealing bald areas. For women, hair loss is more usually due to hormonal changes and is in the form of thinning of hair from the entire head. Best Hair transplant can also be done to replace hair lost due to burns, injury, or diseases of the scalp.
Advantages of transplant:
- It is one of the hair restoration procedures that include transplantation of your own hair extracted from the back of the scalp. In this way, new hair grows naturally and the colour of the hair is the same as your original hair. Hair growth generally starts after 2 to 3 months and completes its recovery within 8 to 10 months.
- Hair transplant technique has progressed considerably. There are different techniques for carrying out a hair transplant procedure. One of the techniques is follicular unit transplant (FUT) in which a strip of skin is extracted from the back of the scalp, then the follicular unit is divided and replantation is done in the affected bald area.
- Another surgical technique is Follicular unit extraction (FUE). In this type of technique single hair is extracted and transplanted in the affected area. The results of this technique are long-lasting and tremendous. Small tiny spots usually occur on the back of the scalp instead of a scar which is seen in FUT.
- Amongst all the hair growing ways, hair transplant surgery is the most natural and harmless. No specific chemicals or medicines are used in this process that might harm your hair. The fallouts are so good that the bulk of the people won’t be able to notice that you got a hair transplant.
- Another benefit of hair transplant surgery is that you get hair that is very easy to manage. Transplanted hair works just like your naturally grown hair; you don’t have to use any special shampoos or chemicals to maintain its thickness.
- The biggest benefit of hair transplant is that person can get back his lost self-confidence.
Disadvantages of transplant:
Just like any other surgical procedure, a hair transplant also comes with a number of risks that you will need to consider before going for the surgery. Although a hair transplant is generally considered as a safe procedure, during the process you might experience some pain, swelling and inflammation of the scalp. Here, we will look at the risks and side effects associated with a hair transplant:
- It is very important that the candidate who is going for the hair transplant must be in good general health.
- Hair transplant is an invasive procedure which is performed under local anaesthesia. The success of a hair transplant mainly depends on the quality of existing donor area.
- Recovery is not immediate. You might have to wait for at least 8 to 10 months to notice the desired results.