Know the Physical Benefits of Weight Training
Weight training is a physical activity, so it is needless to say that it entails a slew of physical benefits.
Here are why weight training is beneficial for your physical health:
Work Harder & Longer
Weight training enhances your physical working capacity, and as a result, you will be able to perform your day-to-day activities harder and longer energetically.
Increases Bone Density
One of the best ways to control bone loss is to add weight training to your workout plan. It bears the potential for increasing your bone density.
As weight training is a rigorous workout, it helps you to burn fat. You can thus have a lean and toned body. You can have the best look.
Improves Cardiovascular Health
During weight training sessions, your heartbeat increases as it vigorously pumps blood throughout your body. Your cardiovascular health improves as a result.
Some Do’s and Don’ts
You need to be careful during training sessions. While you can do some activities, you cannot do some. Here is a list of the do’s and don’ts:
- Do keep your back straight when lifting.
- Do use proper lifting techniques when moving weights around the room.
- Do wear shoes with good traction.
- Do make sure the equipment you use is in good condition.
- Do NOT hyperventilate (breathe in and out fast) or hold your breath when you lift heavy weights. You may faint and lose control of the weights. Breathe out when you lift.
- Do NOT continue lifting if you feel pain. Stop the painful exercise for a few days, or try it with less weight.
- Do NOT lift heavier weights than you can handle.
- Do NOT lift heavy weights without spotters (someone to assist in helping you to lift) or push more than you can normally do safely.
Weight training is all about transforming yourself into a complete individual. Refer to the infographic in this post to know more.