Keto Diet : A must read guide for beginners | Stayfitandyoung.com
With the aim to turn this world to a place where people will not die due to illness and be fit and fiddle, here I have brought to you one of the most trending topics “Keto Diet Plan”.
In this article, I have tried to answer all the FAQ mentioned below by users all across the world. After reading this article all your queries related to this topic will get cleared for sure.
Go this article fully as there are many minute points that you need to keep in mind before exposing your body to Ketogenic Diet.
What is a Keto diet?
Keto diet is one in which the percentage of carbs is almost nil and the content of fat is very high. This is like a low carb diet.
This diet is basically a replacement of carbs with fats. Due to this, the body gets subjected to a metabolic state known as ketosis.
Due to this, the body becomes efficient in burning fat into energy. It also turns fat in the liver into ketones, which supplies energy to the brain. Ketogenic diets cause a huge reduction in blood sugar levels along with an increase in ketone secretion which gives huge benefits.
Ketogenic diets have shown to have given massive reductions in blood sugar and insulin levels. This, along with the increased ketones, has a number of health benefits
What are the Different Types of Ketogenic Diets
Classification of the Ketogenic diet is into 4 categories as below. They are :
- Standard Keto Diet (SKD): Very low in carb, Standard ketogenic diet contains a mid-level percentage of protein and a very high percentage of the fat diet. Typically it contains 75% fat, 20% protein and only 5% carbs
- Cyclical Ketogenic diet (CKD): In this format of diet, the body is subjected to periodical high-carb refeeds for example 5 ketogenic days followed by 2 high-carb days.
- Targeted Ketogenic diet (TKD): In this format of diet a person is allowed to add carbs in the diet around workouts sessions.
- High-protein Ketogenic diet: A replica of SKD, this diet has got a slightly higher percentage of protein. In general, the percentage distribution is 60% fat, 35% protein, and 5% carbs.
Note: SKD and High protein Ketogenic diet are generally the areas of interest by most of the nutritionist as CKD and TKD are advanced versions and primarily consumed by bodybuilders and athletes.
Ketogenic Diets: A sure shot way to lose weight
Research shows that a KD is an effective way to lose weight and poses lower risk factors than normal dieting. As per the latest researches KD is much more effective in losing weight than a normal low-fat diet. The best part here is that you don ’t have to worry about the calorie intake and keeping a track of your food intake. This is like “Losing Weight By Eating”.
Various studies reveal that the KD has helped to lose weight 2.2 times faster compared to a regular low-fat diet. There is a huge improvement in Triglyceride and HDL cholesterol levels shown by people on KD.
Keto Diets for Diabetes and Prediabetes
This is the most searched topic on the internet and peoples keep on taking advice from the doctors regarding KD. Patients especially those suffering from diabetes are mainly concerned related to this diet plan. Due to high blood sugar and improper insulin de-fragmentation inside the body, the person suffering from diabetes has to take the utmost care with the diet plan. As per the statistics based on research conducted over people on Ketogenic Diet, it has been found that the person on KD loses excess fat which was closely linked to type 2 diabetes, pre-diabetes, and metabolic syndrome. Research also shows that KD helps to improve insulin sensitivity by 75% and patient with type 2 diabetes doesn’t require to take medicines to keep their diabetes under control. As high as 95% of people on KD are able to stop or reduce the medication intake compared to 62% in the higher-carb category group.
In another study, people on a Keto diet lost 24.4 pounds compared to 15.2 pounds on a higher-carb diet. This is an important benefit when considering the link between weight and type 2 diabetes
Health Benefits of Keto
There is an endless list of benefits that a person can avail by subjecting himself to a keto diet. The best part is that without the need to compromise with food items you can lose weight and stay fit. Originally doctors deploy this method to treat neurological diseases like epilepsy. But as researchers dug deep into it they find that KD can do wonders.
- Heart disease: Studies reveal that there is a marked decrease in the risk of heart diseases with people on KD. KD maintains the body fat, HDL cholesterol levels, blood pressure, and blood sugars hence reducing risks of heart-related diseases. The most common reason for heart disease is unhealthy oil. You should use pure cooking oil. Refined oil is also harmful to your heart. The best solution is to extract cooking oil at home. For that, you can use Shreeja Oil Maker Machine which is able to extract oil from various seeds like peanuts, Coconut, Sesame, Soybean, macadamia nuts, vegetable seeds, walnuts, sunflower seeds, flaxseed etc.
- Cancer: Doctors have started putting people into KD as it has been proven in researches that KD is beneficial to treat several types of cancer and slow tumour growth.
- Alzheimer’s disease: It helps to reduce symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease and slows growth.
- Epilepsy: As per the research ketogenic diet can cause massive reductions in seizures in epileptic children
- Parkinson’s disease: As per one study Ketogenic Diet has helped improve symptoms of Parkinson’s disease.
- Polycystic ovary syndrome: The ketogenic diet can help reduce insulin levels, which may play a key role in polycystic ovary syndrome
- Brain injuries: A study conducted over animals revealed that the diet can reduce concussions and aid recovery after brain injury.
- Acne: Keto Diet helps to lower insulin levels help to reduce the chances of getting acne.
All in all, there are many health benefits of a keto diet. With so many advantages, and without the need to compromise with the foods, Keto Diet is a trending topic nowadays. Shackled by a hectic schedule and an unhealthy lifestyle, people don’t get ample time to stay fit. Here Ketogenic Diet acts as a boon where people can stay fit without having the tongue to compromise. So start planning your Keto Diet today.